Saturday, October 25, 2008

Days 81-89

I have been very behind on this, but here I go, trying to wrap up the last nine days.

Let's see what I can remember.

Last Saturday we had a district conference with all of the Rotarians in the area and all of the exchange students in our district came to Uppsala. We all had to sing songs in front of the Rotarians that represented our country so the guy from Michigan and I sang "The 50 States That Rhyme." After the conference we hung out in town for a while which was a lot of fun.

On Sunday night, Iliyas' family invited me to go bowling with them, so I obliged and actually won the first round and came in second during the second round, by about 10 points.

School this week was not too exciting. I slept in every morning until 10 except on Wednesday, so that was nice and today my Math class and PE were cancelled so I got to go home pretty early.

Yesterday I was invited to go to a "Tea Society" meeting at school at like 7:00. It was supposed to be a "Waffle Orgy" which Iliyas and I thought meant that they would be eating waffles, but they wound up just talking and then failing at making waffles. They then proceeded to take their shirts off, draw circles around their nipples and then rub cooking oil on each other. Then someone made chocolate pudding and every ate some and then one guy smeared it on himself and another licked it off. It was rather traumatizing, I must say. There is just something about Swedish people; when they get together, they always want to take their clothes off, whether it's in the sauna (aka bastu) or just at a tea party/"waffle orgy."

Tonight was a party celebrating Per's 60th birthday, so there were a lot of drunk Swedes at my house. Luckily they didn't all get naked as many Swedes like to do when they get together... We watched this Australian movie about suicide and secret love in high school with Anna, Iliyas, Amanda and a couple of the neighbors that were our age. It was a very weird film.
Well that's all for now.

Next week is höst lovet, or fall vacation, so I have the week off and I'm going to Gotland (an island in the Baltic Sea) with my family and Anna and Iliyas are also coming too. So we are leaving tomorrow night so it should be a lot of fun.

No comments: