Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Day 74

Today I had a test in math. Now everyone must think, "Oh math is easy because there's no language involved." WRONG!!! It's really hard if maybe you don't understand the directions, or if the test is comprised of about 30% word problems. I was able to make out the meaning of a few of them, but then I wasn't sure what to do with the numbers. I guess it doesn't really matter because I'm not getting grades here but still I wish I could have done better. There's always next time, I guess. My teacher was babbling on a couple of weeks ago about how math is so international, but I wonder, if it's so international, why do I have to bring a DICTIONARY to math class?

After school I went and hung out with Anna, who helped me feel a little better after the confidence-shattering test.

No comments: