Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Day 65

Today was pretty cool, besides the 3 hour Mikrobiologi class. We were experimenting with bacteria including E. coli, and I was the only one that seemed to think that it might be dangerous. I also was the only one to notice the the butane cans we were using were designed for camping and were filled with propane and had a warning on them: When burned, propane releases chemicals known to the state of California to cause birth defects, cancer and other reproductive harm. DO NOT USE INDOORS" As we were using about 8 of them simultaneously. And when I told people to take a look, they just thought it was kind of funny and so did the teacher. So much for having kids...

After mikrobiologi, we had lunch, but today was vegetarian's world day, so the food was rather nasty, so a group of us (my Swedish friends!!!) went to Subway to eat. There's no such thing as $5 footlongs, here, it's like $30000000 6", but luckily we had bogo coupons so it wasn't too bad. We ate out by the river in the same spot that I sat just a few days ago, but today it was rainy and very cold and icky out. After we ate we went back to school and had two more classes and then we were finished.

After school I went to Forex to exchange the cash I brought here because it hit an all time high today (which I though was strange considering the whole crisis thing) The rate was about 6.93 kronor for one dollar which is better than the 6.38 when I got here. The actual rate their (for buying) was 6.74, but that's still better than before so I exchange $450 and got around 3000 kronor. The rate for selling dollars was 6.99 meaning that it costs about 7 kronor to buy on dollar. The exchange rate made me happy all day.
After that I went home and changed and then headed for the gym where I met Iliyas and Anna. We spent a long time there, mostly talking and laughing, and then we went home and now I'm going to sleep.

No comments: