Monday, October 6, 2008

Day 70

I had to get up early this morning. (well not that early, I guess I'm getting too used to sov morgnar and sleeping in) After a physics lab and a chemistry lab I had biology and then school was over at 12:35 so I ate lunch and then met up with Frenchie and we went and mailed some things. (I do not want to devulge any more details so as to not ruin surprises...) After that we went to Anna's house and hung out there for the whole afternoon and part of the night and I learned how to do a couple types of ballroom dancing with Anna which was really fun and funny.

Now I'm going to go to sleep pretty early so that I will be able to use some of the time tomorrow morning before school to work on this stupid English assignment. I HATE POETRY!!!!!! I hope that this doesn't change anyone's opionion of me, but I feel it is absolutely pointless to make young people suffer while studying it. It's bad enough trying understand the "hidden messages" and symbolism that nobody really cares about, but it's even worse when you are forced to write your own poetry. There is nothing that is learned or gained from this, there is no educational value whatsoever and I think that FLVS' curriculum is mediocre and downright horrible. They should not be trying to teach American History during an English class; I'm already suffering enough working for an actualy American History class, which I also absolutely hate. It is also way behind for an 11th grade level class, because the reading list includes 4 books that I read in EIGHTH grade English. And despite the fact that the previous sentence was a run on sentence (right before I posted it I just realized it wasn't, but I still would like to leave this here for dramatic effect) and I started this sentence with "and," I still have to say that I am DAMN good at English, (please excuse that colloquial phrase) even though I tend to overuse parentheses and ellipses (they are the "..." for those of you who didn't know) and I belive that the current ways of thinking in English "education" are an absolute atrocity. (excuse the run on and To think if I had actually spent all this time working instead of ranting, I might already be done with it, eller hur? I guess I'm not too bad at Swedish either... Well anyway, I certainly hope Anne Bradstreet is enjoying eternity burning in hell. :)

Can you find the subliminal message?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You hate poetry?
ahh me too!

Anonymous said...

Poetry is all about feelings and ideas that you can't express in person to someone. It is a way to help people to see who u truely are and wat u feel. When ppl write poems they are expressing themselves freely with no judgement.Its not necessarily about the rhyme or rhymn but the feeling and emotion behind them. and no i am not telling u who this is, but if u really know me then uk who it is and if not then wow lol