Sunday, September 28, 2008

Days 52-61

It's been 10 days since my last blog post, but I've been pretty busy.

Over the last weekend I went to Stockholm again with Iliyas' family and we basically just walked around and went into a bunch of the tourist shops in Gamla Stan and ate at this really good Kebab and Felafel place.

Over the next week, I had sovmorgonar (sleep-in mornings) every day due to scheduling and classes being cancelled. I hung out a lot with Anna, Gen and Iliyas.

On Thursday and Friday we had no school; it's supposed to be a "study day" so I spent the time hanging out with Anna, Gen and Iliyas some more and we've watched a lot of movies, so it's been fun.

Pictures can be found here
On Thursday night, I was riding my bike with Iliyas to his house from the gym and I was suddenly violently attacked by a pole and was flung to the ground. I luckily did not hit my head (I wasn't wearing a helmet) but I was unlucky in the fact that I landed on the hard, unforgiving bike path instead of the nice soft grass next to it. Luckily I was wearing a leather jacket, jeans and leather gloves or my left arm would be very torn up. I escaped this vicious attack with only minor injuries; a swollen, bruised foot; a scraped (only a little bit) knee and a bruised hip bone. I was able to ride the rest of the way to his house but I wasn't really able to walk properly until today. It all happened because we were riding downhill and we picked up speed and went around a turning hill which then opened up into a big field shrouded in mist, which caught my attention, so I looked to the right and when I looked back... POLE!!
Gen was nice enough to wrap up my foot for me the next day when I got home which was nice, it did help, but that night I woke up in the middle of the night and it hurt so much that I had to rip the bandaging off, and then the pain vanished... weird

So tonight (Saturday) we watched Step Brothers, which had to be one of the dumbest movies I had ever seen. I had lost all trust in Will Ferell after Talladega Nights, but gained a little back after Blades of Glory, but alas, I do not trust his movies to be funny anymore. We actually stopped watching it after an hour because it was so bad.

So that's it for now, I'll try to keep posting consistantly, but I've been really busy with hanging out with friends and working on my online classes. (which I hate!)

Pictures can be found here

No comments: