Thursday, September 18, 2008

Day 48

Nothing much to report here, I went to the wrong Biology lab class, but it was ok because it was still my class just not my "group." For Biology and Chemistry labs, our class splits into two groups, so I went with the early one because I was there at 8:30, because nobody told me that our group didn't start until 10:00. After that I had a lot of free time because we had regular Biology next, but not for a while. So I hung out with a different group of people then I had been before, because I figured it would be good to branch out, and it surely was. We talked a lot about the US and the differences between it and Sweden and it was really good to make some more closer friends.

After school I met up with Gen (from Australia) and we went for fika at a place called Storken in the middle of Stora Torget (the main sqaure). While I was eating my favorite giant kannelbulle we noticed that a lot of people were speaking English around us, especially this big group of people sitting behind us. So after listening to them for a while, we decided that there were at least two Australians, two Americans, one Irish person, and someone that we thought might be from eastern Europe. After a while we figured we had to go talk to them so we gathered up the courage and finally went and introduced ourselves. We found out that our new friends were studying at the university, and that we were right about their nationalities, except for the eastern European girl, who turned out to be Greek. Unfortunately, right after we started talking to them they had to leave, but I'm sure we'll see them again because they told us they always hang out there.

No comments: