Thursday, September 18, 2008

Day 51

Today was one of my long days of school: 8:30-4:30. But I had this huge 3 hour break in the middle because I'm not taking another language (a lot of people aren't either) and Chemistry was cancelled, so I had nothing to do. A friend invited me to his house to pass the time because he lives really close, but then Anna grabbed me and dragged my with her class as they went on a little history tour of Uppsala and talked about some stuff that I didn't understand. It was fun though and a good way to kill time.
After I got back we went to the library to kill more time but then I was really hungry so I went to eat, and the lunch was so good! It was salmon fillet and I have to say that it was the best food I've had at school so far. After that I rejoined Anna in the library and we chilled for a while and then I had to go to physics.
I hate physics. Mostly because I can't understand anything and my teacher frightens me. He's rather strange looking and has more hair in his oddly-shaped beard-mustache-sideburn-chin-face thing than he had on his head even though he's not really that old. The classroom we have Fysik in is connected to some other room which I guess is like a lab or something, and he would keep going in there constantly for a while and then come out and then go in like 7 minutes later. Nobody knows why he does it, but we think he's hiding or something...

After school Iliyas and I met and went to the English Bookstore to wait for Anna to finish school. We were both reading this really funny (because it's mostly true) book called "The Xenophobe's Guide to Sweden." It was just so funny and full of typically Swedish things that we could relate to. After a while Anna showed up and we went to Subway to eat and then she left to go to some Advanced Swedish lessons.

Iliyas and I then went back home to get our bikes and then went to Friskis och Svettis, the gym, to work out, because my host family was nice enough to get me a membership. And yes, I know the name is very funny, it is the source of countless jokes, like "let's get frisky and sweaty" or "shall we go frisk and sweat now?" The name alone provides endless entertainment.
We stayed pretty late, until past 9 and then headed back to my house where we had fika and then Iliyas went home and then I went to sleep.

No comments: