Thursday, September 18, 2008

Day 50

Today was pretty amazing because my first class (Mikrobiologi lab) was cancelled so that enormous three hour space left me a lot of time to sleep. I actually wound up waking up around 9:30 and I wasn't able to fall back asleep, so I got up and decided to practice the piano some more. I had already learned how to play the opening part to When You're Gone by Avril Lavigne  and I wanted to learn the rest of it. I didn't need to be in school until 1:20 today so I spent the entire morning playing the piano. I learned how to play the next part of when you're gone (up to the part right before she actually sings "When you're gone") and I also learned how to play Take A Bow by Rihanna and My Immortal by Evanescence. I felt so proud of myself, but then I had to catch the bus. I actually got to school just a little bit late, because I missed the bus I should have taken because I was too busy playing the piano. I almost forgot to tell my method:youtube. I learned how to play the songs by watching tutorials on youtube and just memorizing the songs.
School only lasted for two hours and then Iliyas and I met up with Gen and we hung out around town for a little while, ate at Max (again) and then walked to her house, because she took her bike to school but we took the bus, so we just walked alongside her. Her house isn't too far away, about a 25 minute walk.
We spent a while at her house playing the piano, because I was dying to play and to show everyone my new skills, and at about 8:00 we left and headed for my house. On foot. It's rather far if you're on foot. We took a detour through Södra Gottsunda so Iliyas could get his bike and then we continued on to my house. They rode their bikes there and I waited 12 minutes for the bus because I had only used my card once today, so I still had another free ride. I still beat them... 
So we got to my house and then we had fika again and then I gave Gen a bunch of music on her iPod and then it was getting late so everybody went home and then I went to sleep.

No comments: