Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Day 112

Today I had to get up early to go to my Rotary club; this is the second week in a row that I have gone. Gen was invited by one of my club's members that was visiting her club, so she was there too and we watched a little presentation about one of the Rotarians who is a conductor. He also sang. It was scary.

After that we walked over to Polishuset (the Police building) and met Katarina and she gave us a tour of the crime lab. It was really cool; we got to see fingerprinting, handwriting analysis (that's what Katarina does), shoe print analysis, IT and photography. We also got to see the place where they take the mugshots and Gen and I both took pictures with the sign. It's funny, though, because they have a chair that you sit on, you dont stand like in the US.

After that, at about 10:00 I had to run to school to take a Biology test on Genetics. It was pretty hard and that's what I expected. The teacher told me (just like last time) that I didn't have to take the test, but I said (unlike last time) that I wanted to try. That made her happy so I took it. I don't know if I passed, but it doesn't matter anyway and I like trying even if I fail. I may have forgotten to mention that I passed that Mikrobiologi test that I took (without even knowing that we had one that day). I got 5 points out of like 25 or something, but for some strange reason that still counts as a "G." (the lowest possible passing grade) The grading system is: IG-not passing, G-pass, VG-pass with distinction, and MVG-pass very special distinction. (MVG is the best)
Needless to say I always get MVG's in Enlglish!! But we'll have to see about Biology...

No comments: