Saturday, November 8, 2008

Day 102

I slept in and went into school at 10:00 and figured today would be a normal day.
It was mostly normal until at about 1:00 I found out that the whole class was going to Stockholm tonight to see Hamlet in the theater there and I didn't have a ticket. Luckily they had an extra so I was able to go. After school we all got on a bus headed for Stockholm and then when we got there we all split up and ate. I ate with some other friends in an attempt to branch out, and it surely paid off. I spoke only Swedish with them the whole time, which was nice because some of my other friends only want to speak English with me which pisses me off. We ate at this organic, all natural place in the train station and we all had noodles which were really good. After that we headed to the theater which was really old and really beautiful.

The play lasted for 3 hours. It was well done but very hard for me to understand because they spoke very fast "Shakespearean" Swedish. I could still figure out what was going on based on prior knowledge of the story and the fact that they were acting. It was a fairly modern adaptation but it was a little while. I thought it was well done, however.
After the show, it was pretty late and I took the train home, despite the cheaper but slower bus, because I had to catch the last bus 18 home so I wouldn't be stranded at the train station. When we arrived however, I found out that I wouldn't have to take the bus because a friend was nice enough to take me home because I live near her and she was taking two other of my classmates home also. So I finally got home around 12:16 and then went right to sleep. Luckily I had a sleep in the next morning and didn't have to go in until 11:20.

No comments: