Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day 23

Today was a lot of fun. I woke up a little before 10 and ate breakfast and then we left for Eva and Tomas' boat. (my host-aunt and host-uncle) We headed to the water, which was pretty close to their apartment and got on a little boat, and I was thinking "I thought they said we were going sailing, how is it sailing if we're on a tiny motorboat?!" What I didn't realize is that we were riding the boat to the marina and then getting on the real sailboat. It was a lot of fun sailing to the island on Sweden and Europe's largest lake even though it was really cold because of the wind. We finally got there and got off the boat and went around the island mushroom-picking. This is actually a popular pastime; picking strange mushrooms and then eating them. It sounds rather crazy, but the mushrooms were actually pretty tasty and not poisonous, as I am righting this over 24 hours after I ate them, and I'm not dead. After we ate dinner on the island we sailed back to the mainland and just chilled for a couple hours and then I went to sleep.

You can see the pictures here.

No comments: