Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Day 19

Today proved to be slightly less exciting then I originally had hoped, but it wasn't too bad. I started off like countless other days with mere vegetation and I spent most of the day reading online humor sites and funny blogs to pass the time. Amanda came home from school and we were planning to do something, but we couldn't really figure out anything to do and the plans kind of fell through. So I called Iliyas (from France) and asked him if he had any ideas of what to do and he invited us over to play video games and hang out so we figured that sounded alright. Then Amanda got a call from her parter in an upcoming sailing competition and they had to practice today, so a little later she left with her friend and I went to Iliyas' house in Södra Gottsunda, which is where I will be staying for the second half of the year. (to clarify, they will be my second host family and he will come stay with my current host family) They have a really big house and they seem very nice. We played Super Mario World on the Super Nintendo which really brought back fond memories of childhood. (even though it wasn't that long ago) After I few hours we stopped and had some ice cream and then talked for a while about different things and then it was getting pretty late and dark so I decided to head home. Now, it's a little after eleven and I won't be going to sleep just yet, but probably pretty soon. Tomorrow will probably be just as boring, but the day after is when school starts so that should be exciting and fun.

No comments: