Thursday, July 31, 2008

First Day in Sweden


Hej Everyone!

Here is my first update from Sweden!! Let's start with the flights; they weren't terrible, but they were still pretty bad. It was nice, however, to meet up with other people from across the country also going to Sweden. So after being picked up by my host family, the Nielsens, I got a nice little driving tour around Uppsala, before coming back to their house to unpack. After about an hour they asked me if I wanted to go to IKEA with them to pick out a desk for my room so I agreed. So my first Swedish experience was going to IKEA, and I have to say, it was pretty cool. Also, Swedish IKEA stores are almost exactly the same to their American counterparts, just they have a lot of new stuff that has not yet made it across the pond. Until next time,

Michael

No comments: